Is your brand thriving, growing, and staying ahead of the competition?
In this episode, Steven Pope dives deep into product development branding and how sellers could win on Amazon. He points out why Amazon is not a passive income anymore and how to look at PPC versus outside traffic. Steven breaks down why your customer avatar is essential to gain a competitive advantage in the market and how to survive when your Amazon products don’t sell as expected. If you’re selling on Amazon, this episode is definitely for you. Listen and enjoy!
Steven is the founder of My Amazon Guy, a marketing agency with 250+ brands managed. Steven started his career as a TV reporter in Idaho, then was an eCommerce Director for 10 years for brands ranging from Gold & Silver Coins to Women’s Plus Size Clothing. Steven then created My Amazon Guy, a 300+ employee agency that focuses on growing traffic and sales on Amazon. Steven not only owns MAG but also My Refund Guy, 2 Amazon Brands: Momstir & Age of Sage, and a Holster company HOLSTIT. Steven has more than 1000 tutorial videos on YouTube showing how to handle ANY problem faced on Amazon and has interviewed every major player in the Amazon space on his podcast.
[00:01 – 07:42] My Amazon Guy
• Steven introduces My Amazon Guy
- A marketing agency that manages over 300 brands
- Focusing on growing traffic and sales on Amazon
• The four pillars of marketing on Amazon
- Traffic, conversion, SEO, and PPC
[07:43 – 27:32] How to Succeed on Amazon
• Make sure to increase your market share, and focus on keywords and rankings in the SEO phase
• The key to success on Amazon is understanding your customer avatar and building a brand around that
- Think about who your target demographic is and what their needs are
• How testing and tweaking your product, content, and branding is essential for success on Amazon
- The power of Amazon’s Brand Story
• How to know when it’s time to let go of a product
[27:33 – 46:48] What’s Better for Sellers?
• There are simple ways to increase your ranking on Amazon
- Why you should be changing your listing once a month
• How to survive when your Amazon product doesn’t sell
• Steven’s outlook on Amazon vs Walmart
- Why sellers should not put all their efforts into Walmart
• How to keep your content fresh while running an agency
[46:49 – 53:00] Closing Segment
• Steven’s business model at his Amazon guy
• Steven on the rapid-fire questions
Connect with Steven
“Nobody sells products on Amazon, we all sell solutions and experiences.” – Steven Pope
“You need sales to get sales.” – Steven Pope
“If you want a cult brand, you need to push people away.” – Steven Pope